Deck Painting & Staining Services
Your deck is a major part of your home. It’s where you spend warm summer evenings relaxing with your family and weekends sharing a barbeque with your friends and neighbors. You want the material of your deck to last as long as possible and to weather summer storms as well as winter elements. The best way to protect your deck is to have it stained on a regular basis. The deck staining professionals at Sunpainting have helped countless homeowners keep their decks weather-resistant and visually appealing.
Deck Painting & Staining Services We Offer
At Sunpainting, we offer comprehensive deck painting and staining services to preserve and enhance the beauty and durability of your deck. Our services include:
Removing old, deteriorating paint or stain to prepare the deck for refinishing.
Thoroughly cleaning the deck surface to remove dirt, grime, and old coatings.
Smoothing the wood surface to ensure an even finish.
Applying high-quality deck paint to provide protection and aesthetic appeal.
Enhancing the natural beauty of the wood while protecting it from the elements.
Signs It's Time To Restain Your Deck
Homeowners should re-stain their decks periodically. The lifespan of your deck stain will depend on several different factors, including:
The elements: Direct sunlight is the biggest threat to your deck because it can cause the stain to dry out and weather much faster. Rain can also cause damage, especially if your deck is not treated. The wood can soak up the water, and when the temperature cools, it can freeze, causing cracks. With each season cycle, your deck can become a little weaker.
Foot traffic: Once you have applied a good deck stain, typical use of your deck will not begin to show signs of wear for several months. Gradually, the stain will begin to wear as the small particles of dirt beneath people’s shoes rub on the deck’s surface like sandpaper.
When is it time to reapply the deck stain?
Your deck stain’s full protection will only last for three or four years, but to prolong its effect, you can apply another coat after two years. However, it is better for your deck not to apply too many coats of stain. After four years, you should remove the old stain and apply two fresh coats. This will strengthen and revitalize the wood.
Frequently Asked Questions About Sunpainting
At Sunpainting, we take pride in our long-standing commitment to delivering top-notch painting services in the Chicago suburbs. With over 25 years of experience, our seasoned team has been dedicated to enhancing the beauty of homes and businesses through expert painting techniques. Our extensive history in the industry speaks to our expertise and reliability, making us the trusted choice for your painting needs.
Yes. Our reputable insurer covers up to $2,000,000 for general liability, ensuring proper protection of your property.
Preparation for a project may vary depending on its specific needs. Some common tasks may include covering surfaces, patching holes, sanding, priming, scraping off loose paint, caulking, re-nailing loose boards, and glazing. To ensure minimal dust and debris, we use Festool power sanders equipped with HEPA filters that are attached to vacuums. Our team cleans up every day, not just on the final day of the project.
Why Contact Sunpainting for Deck Painting & Staining Services in Chicago?
At Sunpainting, we understand that your deck is an important part of your home, and we take pride in offering top-notch deck painting and staining services. Here’s why you should choose us for your next deck project:
Professionalism from Start to Finish
- We start with a free, detailed, and easy-to-understand estimate.
- We start the work on time as promised.
- We stay with your job daily through completion and remain responsive to your needs.
- We deliver a high-quality, professional painting job.
- We finish with a final walk-through with you.
- We do not leave until you are completely satisfied!
- Preparation is specific to the project and may include, but is not limited to: covering, patching, sanding, priming, scraping loose paint, caulking, re-nailing loose boards, glazing, etc.
- We use DUSTLESS power sanders Festool attached to a vacuum with HEPA filters to keep your home virtually dust-free.
- We clean up every day, not just on the last day.
- We proudly use high-quality Benjamin Moore, Behr Marquee, and other paints.
- We recommend the best products for the site and location of the application.
- We use zero or low-VOC products.
- We strive to keep our prices competitive.
- We do not use salespersons, so our customers are protected from third-party misunderstandings.
- Our prices are firm – no gimmicks, no hidden costs.
- We have now over 200 verified FIVE-STAR reviews between Google, Yelp, HomeAdvisor, and Thumbtack.com.
- Most of our jobs are referrals from satisfied customers to their friends.
- We carry a $2,000,000 general liability through a reputable insurer – so that your property is properly protected.
- Our estimates are made at the job site and are free, detailed, on-time, and friendly.
- No job is too big or too small – call us with any size painting project!